This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow & Hockey

It's a snowy, wet & cold morning here in the nation's capital. Lots of school delays & closings. Sadly my work wasn't closed. I had a glimmering of hope that it would be delayed but no. I was here at 6.30. Okay, 6.45 but that's alright. The bus drivers were being cautious & since I was on board, I really appreciated that.

Lot of people are running late today as it's after 7 & the place is much quieter than usual. Maybe they're just scared to come in & face the massive piles of work that showed up yesterday afternoon. I know that weighed a bit in my hope for a delay.

I won't go on about the temperature and wind chill factor since the majority of yall live north of me & would just give me grief. "It's 0 degrees here with a windchill of 20 below & you think 11 degrees is cold? Pffftt!!" etc. Let me just say this. I'm in the south. We have thinner blood. Eleven degrees to us is like 20 below to you, so stop mocking our freezing selves & commiserate a little.

Hurricanes won last night! Woooohooooo! And the Caps lost to the Bruins (SO). Which is good because the Caps don't need any more points & the Bruins don't really seem to be in the playoff race (even tho they have the same pts as the Caps), so I'm not overly worried about them knocking the Canes out. Please don't let me have jinxed the Canes with that!

Mainly I want the Canes to win & win & win & the Leafs to lose. As well as the Islanders, Lightning, Senators, Canadiens & Penguins (sorry b). If the Thrashers were to lose some, that works for me. And, as I'm sure yall have figured out, I'd rather the devils & sabres lose often anyway.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?