This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What the Fruitcake???

Yesterday work was nice enough to let us out at 2 pm - which, for me is two hours before I normally leave. My apartment shuttle's first run is at 3.30, getting me to my apt at about 3.50. I checked the metro rail & bus schedules & plotted out a route to get me home at 3.05. Excellent.

I leave work at 2.02 catch the second bus to the metrorail. First one is packed like a can of sardines. I manage to get a seat on the next bus but it was still packed tight. I get to the metro stop and have to pass on the first train for the very same reason. I thread & shove my way pass the hordes of people to clear spot on the platform and wait 10 minutes for the next train.

I'm the last person to squeeze on that train, entirely because I shoved my way on. See the federal government closed at 2 pm as did all the businesses that tell their employees to do what the fed gov't does. It was a madhouse. Three hours of rush hour all crammed into a 30 minute time frame.

I stand all the way to my stop, elbow to elbow with other passengers. I get off the train, make my way to the bus stop & then check to see what time it is, 3.01. Yeah, I'd missed my bus. Next one supposed to show at 3.17.

Bus arrives at 3.25 and I climb on, only a little wary of the impending ride. I'd picked this bus & route entirely because it would be on the main roads. It'd been sleeting heavily since 12.30 or 1 and I didn't want to risk a bus on the side roads.
I get to my stop, get off and start the not quite 0.5 mile walk to my place.

What time did I get home? 3.50. The same time my shuttle would've dropped me off and almost two hours after I left work. Now the real doozey of a question is - how far do I live from work? Less than five miles.

In other chilly news, the Canes beat the Kings last night 2-1 and the sponsor of the goal cams in the Avalanche vs. Ducks game was an online dating service. The NHL or VS tv must be seriously desperate for sponsors. That's just so wrong. At least the Avs won 2-0.

Also, despite the roads being Much worse, it only took me an hour to get into work today. We had a delay so I didn't show up here til 8.20. This place is deserted.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?