This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

See The Canyon Broken By Clouds

I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but kept forgetting. One of the local news stations aired a segment on it last night, reminding me. The Grand Canyon Skywalk is nearly finished.

It's the brain child of the Hualapai Indians. It can hold the weight of six 747 jets, withstand hurricane force winds, will have glass bottom and sides, extends more than 50 yards over the canyon & is about 4,000 feet above the bottom. The skywalk is scheduled to open March 28, 2007. Until the talk of this skywalk began, I never knew there Was a Grand Canyon West (GCW).

It costs $25 to walk on the bridge Plus the cost of a GCW entrance package. Packages run from $30 a person to $110, except that the $30 package doesn't qualify you for the Skywalk. Sounds like a scheme to me. First you pay this, then you gotta pay this. Yeah, I don't think so. I'm not much of a package trip traveling kind of person anyway, so I doubt I'll be going to GCW anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be pretty darn cool to walk on a glass bridge. The fact that it's over the Grand Canyon, is awesome. I flew over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter when I was a kid (8? 10?). Had a bright orange t-shirt that said I flew the Grand Canyon. Wonder if I still have it. But yeah, I don't see any trips to the Canyon in my near future. Maybe if it (& I) survive 2012, I'll go for a walk.

For those who still don't believe, here's the link to the Snopes Skywalk Info. Are you a believer now?

Hockey
Only one hockey game last night. Rangers vs Islanders. Rangers won in a shootout.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?