This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hey Hey Sha La La

I was gonna write today about the inherent eveilness of bunnies, but I believe I'll save that for tomorrow. Lots of hockey chatter to give and I try to limit the length of my posts. Well, sometimes. Anywho...

Hockey
So far I'm 50/50 in the playoffs. The stars and wild lost but so did the Predators and Penguins. Apparently I should've secretly picked/hoped/wished for two other teams to battle for Lord Stanley's Cup. Of course, last night was only game one of seven. Plenty of time. Especially since the Penguins went from 6-1 to 6-3, a much more respectable score. Four more games tonight. Yay hockey!!

Got a call from a pal (Chel) last night. She manages a shoe store down in Raleigh. Last night a very pretty, extremely nice and vaguley familiar woman came in with a young child. Chel and the woman chatted for awhile as shoes were selected and the lady tried them on. It finally dawns on Chel who this woman is: Kristi Yamaguchi. Soon after this realization hits, Kristi's husband walks in. For those unaware, that would be Canes' Defenseman Bret Hedican.

Yes Chel is a hockey fan. Yes Chel became a little shellshocked. Hello! An Olympic Gold Medalist and a Stanley Cup winner in your store, at once! I'm sure I'd have stuttered and gaped and made a complete fool of myself. Thankfully Chel is more savvy than I. She kept her cool long enough to sell some shoes too :)

Unrelatedly
Rest in Peace, Mr. Vonnegut
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?