This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, April 06, 2007

May the Force Be with You

Have yall seen the advertisements for the Star Wars US Postal Office (USPS) union? They have mailboxes posing as R2D2 popping up all over the place (since mid-March, I believe). I've seen three of the little buggers myself.

In honor of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars the USPS is featuring a new set of stamps. Apparently you can vote on which image (Vader, Yoda, Luke, Leia, etc.) you like best & the winner will get it's own stamp pane. For more information visit uspsjedimaster.com.

JT's dad is a ...fan of the Star Wars series. Okay, that's a minor understatement. I'm a fan of the series. My brother is a crazed fan of it. Star Wars legos all over his office space at home. I think he has all versions of the movies (VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, Force Footage, Vader Videos, Ewok Expositions, etc.) And yes I might have exaggerated or even made up some of those file formats. Maybe.

Anyway, I knew I had to take a picture of JT with the mailbox. I'm sure my bro has it printed out and framed. Prominently displayed somewhere in his office at home. Maybe even another copy at work. It combines three things (our dad, his son & Star Wars) he loves in one photo, how could he not love it? See what a good sister I am? :)

Unrelatedly
Last night on, The Office, Dwight was made into a 'hero'. At the very end of the show Dwight denies hero status & says who he thinks are the real heroes, "People who wear cloaks & save people. And Bono." Way to go Dwight!
Comments:
I knew Dwight wasn't all that weird. Good call. I love "The Office". I'm beginning to catch it every Thursdays. Oh, did you know that Tom Brady is in Africa with Bono? How cool is that!? Two amazing people helping the people in need. My hero list is expanding.
 
Yeah, I've been enjoying The Office for the last couple months. That's what's good about not catching it until midseason, the reruns are new to you :)

And no, hadn't heard that Brady was in Africa. Kudos to him for doing good during his down time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?