This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl

I spent most of yesterday in my pajamas. Okay, okay, I spent All of yesterday in my pj's. It was raining all day, three hockey games were on TV & I didn't get to bed til after 4 in the morning Saturday night. Which means I didn't get up til 10. Okay, Okay, 11:30. My neighbors did wake me up at 7 tho, when they went banging down the steps. Jerks.

Anyway, I had a cleaning urge. Most folks who know me will tell you this is rare. Very rare. Threatened species list rare. So I'm puttering around in my jammies, going thru stuff and making neat little piles. Recycle, Shred, Trash, Keep, Decide later, etc. Yes, my organizing & sorting & cleaning actually made my place look worse than it did before I started. But that's the method to my cleaning system. Then, when you're done cleaning, it looks Really clean. Yeah, I haven't reached that stage yet. I've got piles of stuff all over my living & dining rooms.

Between hockey game 1 (Flames vs Red Wings game 3) and hockey game 2 (Penguins vs Senators game 3) I decided to start shredding stuff. Obviously I couldn't let silence descend on my apartment for the two hours between hockey games. I mean, what kind of neighbor would I be to go from shouting at the TV to utter silence to more shouting at the ref- err TV. I decided to make obnoxious mechanical noises instead.

I shred my way through about half my pile when I start to notice odd sounds from the shredder. I figure it's tired. Using muscles it hasn't used in weeks (okay, months). I let it rest for awhile. I come back to resume my shredding & it promptly jams. I unplug it & start pulling out the stuck paper. I may or may not have nicked myself. Several times.

I get all the paper out, reassemble it & start shredding again. The noises are now more prevalent & it only accepts paper on one side. Hmm. I start feeding it only 1 or 2 sheets of paper at a time. It jams up again. I fiddle with it as I did before & try again. No go.

By this time it's 5.58 & the Pens Sens game is about to start (well, the pregame stuff as puck drop isn't til 11 after or so). I decide to let the shredder sit and cool off. And yes, it's still sitting & cooling off. I'm thinking it's down for the count. I may have to pull out my old shredder & use it.

Why are you looking at me like that? Stop rolling your eyes, they might fall out. Yes I have two shredders. What's wrong with that? One was a Christmas gift from my folks (I see them eyebealls rolling again, folks) and one was a hand-me-down from my brother since he upgraded. That's the one I (prolly) broke. The spiffy cross-shredding shredder. Ah well. Maybe it'll have spontaneously healed itself by the time I try it again.

Hockey
Penguins lost yesterday. Grrrr. Although they did win on Saturday, despite the efforts of that sorry referee McGeough. I have issues with him stemming from the devils Canes series last season. The guy should retire already or get lasik on his eyes. Preferably both. So the Senators lead the series 2-1. The way the fans taunt the opposing goalie in this series amuses me no end. No idea why, it just does.

Flames are losing badly to the Red Wings (series is 3-0). It's not that I particularly like the Flames, I just don't exactly like the Red Wings. No real rhyme or reason. Maybe it's that Ohio Michigan rivalry I was bred on growing up or maybe it's my affinity for all critters in the oceans. Dunno.

Canucks beat the stars again & lead the series 2-1. Woohoo! Although I am rather fond of Marty Turco (stars' goalie). Have been ever since the NHL All Star Game. So, if he were to be traded to a team I actually liked or didn't actively dislike, it'd be good. Not that I think that'll happen.

Ducks lead their series with the Wild 3-0. I don't care for either team, so I'm hopeful that whoever wins this series gets knocked out in the next. Harsh maybe, but true.

Unrelatedly
I was nearly blown off my feet & into a pole this morning waiting for the metro bus. Good times :)
Comments:
So would this mean that you are starting to pack now?
 
Why, you want your shredder back?
 
uh, no. I have one that works well.
 
I didn't have power when I got home last night. When power finally came back on, hockey had already started.

Translation: I didn't try it yesterday to see if it works.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?