This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Waiting For the Car to Drive, Drive Away

Here's a picture of my poor overworked and under appreciated nephew JT. He had just gotten back from his road trip visiting me and the family put him right to work. No play time. No stretching of the legs after being in the car. No time for a quick snack. No nap even! I know after a long trip in the car I want time to do all of the above.

But Nooooo they haul out the bucket, hose and sponge and set him to work cleaning up his - still unpimped - car. Frankly, how dirty could it be? I mean he hadn't used it in days. I suspect his dad had taken JT's car out for a joyride, off roading most likely, hence the need to clean it. Father's these days. I mean really!

Look how hard JT is working! He's even got his tongue stuck out in concentration - just like his grandma does. You know if that tongue is sticking out, massive concentration is going on. No doubt the family had told JT to only use certain parts of the water in the bucket and he had to concentrate to maneuver the sponge that's nearly half his size. C'mon people! The least you could do for your slave labor is get appropriately sized tools! Just think how much more efficient he'd be!

Side Notes
1. Yes I took the liberty of modifying the lyrics, I'm sure U2 won't mind.
2. Stop making snarky comments in your head about the 'blue sky' I edited into the picture. I only have Paint to work with, not some fancy editing program. I think I did quite well in the five minutes I spent, thankyouverymuch.

Hockey
So the Ducks lead the Sens 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals. I know two people who are freakishly happy about this. I know no one who is in the pits of despair over this. I know quite a few who are ambivalent about it all. But hey, it's hockey!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?