This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, June 01, 2007

And The Storm Blows Up In His Eyes..

Today is the official start of the Hurricane Season (sadly, not talking hockey). We've already had Andrea, can Barry really be too far behind? I'm *really* hoping that Barry is a major storm. Entirely because I have a friend named Barry and I appreciate any and all opportunities to give him a hard time. Something along the lines of, Geez Barry, why'd you have to go and trash Wilmington, NC for?? You know I love that town! etc.

Hmm maybe Hurricane Barry should be a wimpy storm, cause then I could give him grief about his lack of strength, manliness, etc. You call that a storm surge? What are you, a toddler? Guess that means it's a win-win for me. :)

One of my Nano novels involved a hurricane named Barry,toxic waste and dolphin research. Hmm, maybe I'll dust off the manuscript and give it an edit. In honor of potential Hurricane Barry this year.

Unrelatedly
Apparently it's go to work an hour late day. Wish someone had told me that yesterday. Does this mean I can leave an hour early to compensate?
Comments:
There is something deeply wrong with you. You should seek professional help. They've come a long way in pharmacology.
 
Despite commentary from the peanut gallery, I've dubbed TD/TS Barry, Boy Scout Barry. He's brought (& still bringing) much needed rain to the southern states.

Hard to tease someone/something when it's doing good. Ah well. Too bad I don't know anyone named Chantal or Dean or Erin or Felix.. If yall are interested in the names, check out the NHC at NOAA.
 
I used to know a Chantal!

Very disappointing that my namesake isn't going to become a full-blown hurricane. Story of my life...
 
Well, perhaps if your name was Wren or Ibis, you'd be a whopper of a hurricane. Usually the strongest storms are in late August through September. Well, the ones I remember most clearly were during that time frame.

At least Tropical Storm Barry brought several inches of much needed rain to Florida & Georgia. Look at the bright side here, while your namesake isn't all flashy & powerful, he did a lot of good.
 
Booo. Did a lot of good!?

Nice guys finish last.
 
Actually, Barry finished second since only Andrea was ahead of him. Tho you can look at it & say he finished first since Andrea never even made landfall as a Tropical Storm. All a matter of your viewpoint, B.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?