This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Instant Karma

In case yall haven't heard Bono is the guest editor for the July 2007 issue of Vanity Fair Magazine. There are 20(!!) different covers with a variety of celebrities, all with the same theme. Africa.

I don't know that I've ever read VF, I'm nearly certain I've never bought an issue. While I don't see that changing now, don't let my lack of consumerism stop yall from buying one. Or, better yet, donating directly to the Global Fund. Or buying (RED) . Or reading about D.A.T.A.. And signing up with the ONE campaign.

Yes, if it were The Edge on the cover, I'd be staking out stores looking for the issue(s) with him on the cover. It is what it is. :) Maybe VF's next big public awareness issue can be about New Orleans. Focus on Music Rising. Have nine different covers...

Hockey!

The Anaheim Ducks won the Stanley Cup last night. The first time in franchise history (they've been around 14 years). It's the first time the cup has been won by a team in California. I guess Lord Stanley finally found a good deal on earthquake insurance.

It's heartbreaking and thrilling to watch a team win this. So much emotion. Big, strong, manly men crying with sheer joy or utter despair. Stanley's Cup has some mega skills at bringing out the passions in people.

Congrats Anaheim! Enjoy the Cup while you can. The Canes are taking it back next year!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?