This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What the Hell Is Going On?

Hockey
Lots of diving going on last night. I think my favorite was when Emery stuck his arm out tripped a Duck & then flipped over onto his back, skates up in the air. He should be in the movies.

I'm all for the ruling that if someone dives, then he's the one that goes to the penalty box. Sure there'll be controversial calls when a player is flattened & is called for diving but there are crap calls now. At least, theoretically, with the diving vetoing the penalty on the instigator, fewer dives will take place. Either that or physical comedy/acting lessons will become part of the NHL's practice sessions.

If that happens, please invite me to watch! I'd love to see hockey players skating around with rolls & rolls of toilet paper stuffed in their pants in lieu of real pads. Like those commercials with the little kids from the 90's (or maybe it was early 00's, don't quite remember). You can't have practice diving sessions without odd items sticking out of your pants for padding. Where's the comedy in using real equipment??

Anyway, Ducks won last night 3-2 and now lead the series 3-1. I got wish of a non-sweep so I'm good. Apparently all the cool kids are cheering on the Ducks (okay maybe not cool kids but all the hockey fans I know are). Kinda makes me want to cheer on the Senators. I'm contrary like that. :)

Unrelatedly
Some tosser was standing outside my patio yakking on his cell phone, disturbing my hockey viewing last night. So I turned on my AC to drown him out. Worked too. I even got a bonus of some cursing by the guy about the noise :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?