This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Lizard Wrangling

At my new place there is a cat (yay). Currently however there are two cats here. The one is visiting (I'll call her Interloper) and really needs to go home.

On Sunday Interloper caught a skink on the balcony and brought it Inside to play with. She proceeded to let it go, pounce on it, let it go, pounce, let it go, pounce, etc. Mr. Skink made it behind some boxes (none of which are mine, thankyouverymuch) and hid out there.

He'd tried hiding behind other boxes before but Interloper managed to reach a paw or face in and get him. When he found a place that Interloper couldn't get to him, he just stayed. First Resident cat wandered away (she was mostly supervising the skink hunt anyway) then Interloper cat went back outside (there is a cat door) to hunt up a new toy.

This is when I got involved. I so do not want a lizard in the house. I don't care if it isn't poisonous. Lizards are outdoor critters. I find Mr. Skink & lure Interloper back in to flush him out. She gets him & then proceeds to take him further into the house. I was having none of that.

I grab the litter box scooper & corner Interloper. She drops Mr. Skink on Resident cat. Resident cat growls & smacks Interloper & I manage to scoop up Mr. Skink and toss him onto the balcony, where he proceeds to just sit there. Perhaps it's because he's bleeding from his tail (there was more missing from his tail than what there should've been had Mr. Skink just dropped his tail of his own free will) or maybe it was shock from having been in the mouth of Interloper cat multiple times. Either way I shoo him to the edge of the balcony & he scurries over and down.

Interloper is still prowling the place looking for Mr. Skink. I've told her that lizards are Not toys and especially not indoor toys! I'm pretty sure she didn't listen to anything I said. Mostly because she hasn't listened to my lectures that flying bugs are outside toys not indoor toys. Yet every night she brings in several to play with.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?