This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me....

I had an ..interesting experience recently. I was being a good friend and went with M to a club/bar. She's been many times, I've managed to never go. But I was bored and she was uber eager and I didn't want to rain on her parade.

So we get there and I see, above the main entrance, a steer skull. I should've feigned a cough then and there and went back to the car. But no, I continued being a good friend and went on inside.

The decor consisted of a plethora of skulls, cowboy hats, neon signs and cowboy boots. Yes the skulls were cattle related, some were 'real' some were neon signs. Same with the cowboy hats & boots since the only ones wearing said attire (at that time) were the bartenders. It was early yet. See M wanted to go for the free country line dance lessons. When we got there I saw about 25-30 people. All but 10 or so were working.

Yes, yes I knew ahead of time that I was going to a country/hip hop/hair metal (don't ask, I have no idea) bar. The very worst part about the whole thing? I drove.

A guy there was trying to impress me with his line dancing skills and his knowledge of country music. I think I may have crushed him when I said I didn't know any of the songs playing or any line dances other than the electric slide and the one I (sort of) learned earlier that night. Yes, I participated in the free lesson. It was, surprisingly enough, amusing. However, I think perhaps the world might be ending sometime soon. There could be no other reason for my actually being entertained while there.

Best part of the whole night? When M & I left and went to a diner for food. Burgers, chili cheese fries and coffee. Late night meal of champions, I tell ya.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?