This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Dodging Butterflies

I was here last week...


View Larger Map

I know yall are jealous.

For those who don't recognize that strip of sand, it's part of Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Pretty, pretty, pretty area and not too crowded.. Unless you hooligans tell your friends and all converge on the place. Please don't do that! At least, when I'm going to be there anyway. :)

During the course of my drive there, around there & Wilmington (& Wrightsville Beach) and back, I nearly splattered dozens of butterflies on my windshield. Literally. I know I winged one with my side mirror :(

Thankfully that was the only casualty (that I'm aware of) caused by my me. It was pretty random. Last time I saw that many butterflies in one day is when I was assisting in a field count of Monarchs during their migration south, back in college. Yes I was a science nerd. I still am. I'm okay with that.

Anyway, if it helps yall feel better about my being at the beach, frolicking in the surf and lounging in the sand while you slaved away at work, I nearly got a sunburn.... I did get more freckles (which is what happens before a burn, so it was mighty close). What's that? It doesn't help? Eh, too bad. ;)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?