This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What Happened to Autumn? Halloween? Thanksgiving?

I was at AC Moore, Michael's Arts & Crafts, Home Depot, Lowe's Home Improvement and Linen n' Things last night. They all had Christmas decorations out. They all had twice as much (if not more) Christmas crap as they did stuff for the holidays that are before December.

When did decorating and honoring Autumn, Thanksgiving and Halloween get lost? Where's the uproar from the masses? I know I heard at least five people in Lowe's alone making surprised comments about the trees and air filled lawn "art" on display. That's not counting the commentary M & I were making. The cashier we had said she'd been hearing grumblings and complaints about it all night. At least they weren't piping in Christmas songs. Yet.

I'm a firm believer that anything related to Christmas should be contained to the month of December alone. Preferably the last two weeks. I know I won't be buying any December holiday decorations until December rolls around. Maybe not even then.

Okay, today's mini-rant is done.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?