This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, December 03, 2007

When You Look, You Look Through Me...

I hope yall didn't think I'd be recovered from my NaNoing already. Maybe by the end of the week.

I did have a bright idea for today's entry while talking to my mom on the phone. That was five hours ago and I have since forgotten. So instead, I'll recount two random comments said to/about me in the last couple days

I was told that I looked about 10 years younger than my actual age today. Granted she continued her comment with "but you can't be THAT OLD!! You don't have any gray hair!!!!" so the compliment glow faded fast.

I was hosting a NaNo Write-In last week at a bookstore. A stranger stopped at our table, apologized for interrupting us (we were just talking at the time) to tell me that should I ever want to stop writing, I should consider being a stand up comic because I'm 'hilarious'. She looked at the two guys I was with and said, "Right? Don't you think she's hilarious? So funny!" I stammer out a thank you before she leaves. How's that for random? Funny thing about it, one of the guys says, "I guess that means we're not" to the other guy. We all bust out laughing over that one. :)

Hockey
As if I didn't already despise lindy and the cretin sabres enough already!!! Argh!!

Drought
Fourth driest November of all time
- 85 of 100 counties are in exceptional or extreme drought conditions
- Remaining 15 are in severe drought conditions
- Falls Lake (Raleigh's primary drinking water) is over 9 feet below normal
- Raleigh Water Usage
- Cary Water Usage
- Durham Water Usage
- Wake County Water Usage
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?