This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Babies Babies Babies!

So my cousin had a daughter (Madeline) on April 10. My nephew Matt was born on April 17. My dear friend Muffin had a daughter (Sophia) early this morning. An inquiring mind would ponder what, exactly, was going on in the world nine months ago.

As I have an inquiring mind, I checked. The highlights, in my opinion, are:

* New Zealand launches its first commercially available biofuel, which consists of 90 percent petrol and 10 percent bioethanol made from cows' milk

* NASA reports that three galaxies the size of the Milky Way are colliding with another galaxy three times the size of the Milky Way in cluster CL0958+4702. The eventual galaxy could be up to ten times the size of the Milky Way.

* Space Shuttle Endeavour lands safely at Kennedy Space Center at 12:32:29 EDT (16:32:29 UTC).

* A total lunar eclipse takes place in the early morning hours across most of North America and the eastern Pacific Ocean region.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?