This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Gone, Gone, Gone

This morning I woke up thinking about fish. I haven't eaten fish, fresh water or sea, since 1993. Same goes for all manner of water based critters. Started out as going meat free (I lasted about a year) but has continued to do overfishing and loss of habitat. I don't miss fish, I don't need it to survive, so I go without. There are others out there more than making up for what I don't eat.

Anyway, so I woke up wanting to post today about overfishing, plummeting fish populations, or habitat destruction. Figured I'd have to Google and go from there. I don't even have to do that! Nee sent me an email about overall wildlife populations decreasing. Good to know we're still on similar thinking frequencies, despite her living in the Midwest and having a newborn daughter (Hi Sophia!).

According to data complied by The Zoological Society of London, populations of land-based species fell by 25%, marine by 28% and freshwater by 29%, since the 1970's. The article goes on to give examples and discuss the impact of this loss of wildlife on humans. Read it here.

Hockey
Pens lost to the Flyers, Game 5 on Sunday. Stars play Red Wings Sat. night in their Game 5.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?