This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Unless...

This past weekend I was lucky to see my nephews And the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden in Springfield, Massachusetts. The bronze sculptures were created by sculptor Lark Grey Dimond-Cates, Seuss' step-daughter.

Obviously my favorite sculpture is the one pictured here; The Lorax. I even have a picture of myself giving him bunny ears and JT laughing. I think the Lorax would appreciate the humor of bunny ears. Bunny's are animals and he speaks for them too.

I tried to get JT to let me read him The Lorax as a bedtime or nap time story but no. He wanted Fox in Sox and then Sam I Am. Both are good stories, even the tongue twisters in Fox in Sox. Maybe next time I can convince him he wants to hear about the Lorax.

The Go New England About site has a virtual tour of the memorial. There's actually a new sculpture there, not listed on the websites I perused. It wasn't created for the Dr. Seuss Memorial, but it looks like something that Dr. Seuss would draw. It was a physics project for a guy in Dayton, Ohio. I think. I don't have the paper telling me about it.

Anyway, if yall get the chance to go, do it! Especially if you have little kids (or me) with you. :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?