This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Triangle Race for the Cure 6/14/08 - Recap

Around 25,000 people signed up to run/walk/jog at the NC Triangle's Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I know I saw folks with numbers over 25,000. I don't know how many of the folks who signed up, showed up. I do know there were more people than I've ever seen at the race in my previous years of volunteering. More survivors, more memorials, more teams. It's an amazing thing to be a part of.

As the pix below will show you, there were a lot of people. For the third race, it took 45 minutes just for everyone to cross the Start line. The RBC Center parking lot was full. The line for the buses was wrapped around the arena. If we hadn't had the Code Red air quality for the previous two days and a lingering hint of smoke Saturday morning, I wonder how many more folks would have shown up.

The photographer, Margaret Merrill, was near the middle of the crowd. Meaning there were just as many participants behind here as there were ahead.

Another shot of the participants. This time by Kathleen MacGuire.
Comments:
Slacker! You just stood around and watched the people walk/run/etc. and conveniently told them which way to go. With that many people, I think they could just follow the folks in front of them :)

Where's my squirelly fix for the day (Tuesday)?
 
Mostly I told them not to walk behind our water tables. And then distracted them with paper cups of water.

Your fix was delayed. It's up now tho...
 
Yo, T! What's the dealio? You logon Weds morning to find two entries and you can't be bothered to comment? Sheesh! ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?