This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Farewell, Erik Cole

The Canes traded Erik Cole. To Edmonton. I can't wrap my brain around it. Yes, he's not been as consistent since his broken neck (damn you orpik!), but there are other players who are far worse than he. Can't we get rid of them and keep Cole????

There are two defensemen I would not be sad to see leave. And since Wesley retired and Hedican is leaving, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the two I'm thinking about. There's also a concussed center I think would benefit from sometime recovering. Elsewhere.

At least we penned a deal with Brookbank and Bayda. I'm neutral about Conboy. Hopefully we can get a multi-year deal with Eric Staal soon. And with Cole gone, we should have more money to dangle. I mean, Pitkanen can't cost all that much. Right?

Yes, today was all about hockey. What of it?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?