This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Lorax Project

The Lorax Project is a partnership between Conservation International and Dr. Seuss Enterprises. The info is rather sketchy and I never did see the "media blitz" that Random House, Dr. Seuss Ent., & CI were supposedly going to do during April for Earth Day awareness. Supposedly funds are donated to environmental causes when ..I have no idea. I'm guessing it's when someone donates funds via the project. Perhaps my skepticism stems from my sadness that Dr. Seuss Enterprises sold out to Hollywood. Such a disgrace.

Anyway, after much googling, I've determined that you can go directly to The Lorax Project by clicking here or by clicking here. As far as I can tell it's the same website at two different addresses. That seems silly to me, but, maybe they get a better deal that way? Or perhaps the donations made via the .org site are tax deductible?

Some more references to The Lorax Project can be found at:
Seussville
Sylvania
USA Today Article

My search of The Lorax Project stemmed from a gift that my folks got for me. It's a plush of The Lorax. Super cute, very soft and fuzzy. Although the plush has orange antenna looking things for eyebrows. Which, after careful study of the book, he does not actually have. This is good since it means my memory was accurate.

And his hands & arms are rather hefty. Which, if you've read the book, you know is squirrelly. The Lorax has scrawny little arms. But that's okay. I'm going to pretend it means he's been lifting weights in order to take down the Oncelers of the world. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

I went to the Manhattan Toy (makers of my Lorax plush) website but they don't have The Lorax listed. They do have a variety of other Dr. Seuss plushes though.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?