This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Case for the Oatmeal Files

For some reason this morning I was reminded of a pizza experience with my mom. This was at least a year ago, probably closer to three or four years. We phoned in our order and went and picked it up. Upon arriving back to my place, we started to dive into the pizza and realized it looked funny. There were yellow bits all over it.

If that was ham, it was well past it's prime. But it didn't smell rancid. Upon further investigation we determined that it was pineapple. Somehow the order taker had mistaken pineapple for pepperoni. I guess she heard ham and assumed pineapple. Our ham and pepperoni pizza had become a Hawaiian one.

Thankfully we had also ordered a supreme pizza so I had something to eat. I'm not a fan of pineapple. Thank goodness for the random specials pizza joints often have.

I'm guessing I was reminded of this because I've been misunderstanding folks the last couple of days. Allergies are on a rampage, stopping up my ears. In a meeting yesterday I thought a coworker said, "We're going out there to beat him." When really he said, "We're going out there to a meeting." Funny, but sad.

Hopefully the ragweed gets washed away with Fay remnants.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?