This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Raining Meteors

The picture is of a Perseid meteor. It was photograhed by Wally Pacholka in 2002 in the US Southwest. It can be found on his website here.

That's right folks, the Perseid Meteor Shower is this week. The peak, and best time to view it, is around 0400 on August 12. I may or may not be motivated to be up at that hour to see it.

Getting up to see it isn't the hardest part. It's driving to a place with less light pollution so that I can see it. Plus it'd make for an even longer day. Ah well. I'll decide if I'm up for an excursion tonight, when I set my alarm.

More data and details about the Perseid Meteor Shower can be found at Space Daily.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?