This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Not An Empty Cop Car

A couple weeks ago I heard an accident outside my place. The people (teens) were fine, not sure about the wildlife tho. Only thing I can think of since there were no other cars involved and I distinctly heard the squealing of brakes (she was driving much too fast) and two thumps. Possibly a third thump but I'm just not positive.

I went outside and looked from the porch. M got her shoes on and went over to see if everyone was ok. I figured since they were all out and walking around, not hovering over anyone, they were fine. If that makes me mean, so be it.

The cops were there in minutes. I was amazed. M & I went outside to the porch, she went back in got on sandals and went up the steps, across the parking lot and made sure the kids were fine. Before she had reached the stairs to come back down, the cops were pulling up. A second cop car pulled up just after she reached the porch.

That's reassuring. Cops can be here that fast for an accident with just one car. Imagine how fast they can get here if they're using their sirens.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?