This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No, I Don't Want Fries With That

Most of yesterday was spent dealing with 35 gallons of grease (think used frying oil) splattered all over the pavement. And down a storm drain. I can’t even begin to describe how that smelled.

I didn’t think it could smell any worse, then the vacuum truck showed up. Not only was there the putrid smell from the grease basking in the sun for hours, there was now a very loud engine, pump & vacuum running to add to the mix. Oh and other, older, grease smells were also added from the vent stack of the truck.

Something I had blocked out from my early environmental consulting days. The exhaust of vac trucks has this nifty ability of enabling you to taste whatever is being sucked up. Lemme tell you, the taste of all that grease much, much worse than the smell.

On the bright side, I did not hurl. And I don’t think I’ll be going to any fast food restaurants any time soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?