This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Friday, Monday + Today

I know. I didn't post an entry on Friday or one yesterday. Here's what I would have posted on Friday:

I get home from work last night [Thursday], sopping wet from the downpour I encountered between my work building and car. I drive through intermittent down pours and a drizzle, 40 minutes later I'm home (traffic was insane). I head down the steps from the parking area and encounter a mini-flood at the bottom. I have to walk through the (muddy) grass and some bushes so that I don't flood out my sneakers.

I get inside, take off sneakers & socks in entryway, roll up pants and walk slowly to bathroom so as not to discharge any excess water on the laminate floors. I toss all wet clothes on bathroom floor & go to my room to release Luna and get on some dry clothes.

About half an hour later, I go to the bathroom to retrieve my wet clothes. The floor mat is wet. I muse to Luna that my clothes must have been wetter than I realized. I'm gathering up my clothes, Luna is sniffing along the baseboard of the sink, when I hear a plop, splatter and then lots of little plops. Not the sound a dripping tub normally makes but I check it anyway. No drops. I turn around and check the sink. No water drops. "It must've been from my clothes," I tell Luna, not particularly believing it.

She twitched an ear at my words and continued her sniffing investigation of the floor. She was now next to the toilet. I hear another plop, splatter, plop, plop, plop and Luna flinches. "Huh," I say as I step closer to the toilet and lift up the lid. Water pours onto the floor and Luna runs out of the bathroom, shaking her paws & head. "Sorry Girl! I didn't mean to create Niagara Falls on your head!"

I slowly look up, expecting to see a sagging, water stained ceiling. It looks fine. I frown and look back down. The toilet has dirty water in it, the floor all around the toilet has standing water. "What in the world?" I ask as I look back up.

That's when I see the water drops glistening on the vent cover to the exhaust fan. "That's just weird." (Yes, I sometimes talk to myself. What of it?) I grab the towels from the shower door and toss on the floor. I move the trashcan and then call M to let her know the news.

M calls the HOA folks, who then call me and I explain the situation. The guy asks me to make a judgement call: Can this wait until morning when they have more than just the emergency staff on hand? I tell him yes, but if it gets worse we'll call back and he better be out here lickety split. He laughed and said okay.

So that was Friday's entry. This would have been Monday's:

Folks from the HOA have not come out yet. Granted multiple phone numbers have been calling incessantly. Probably leaving messages too. Since there are, in all likelihood, close to 50 messages on the machine, I haven't even bothered to think about checking the messages. Besides, the machine is in M's room. I don't go in there unless it's to retrieve a wayward cat toy or Luna.

Why would someone have an answering machine if they don't ever bother to check the messages? I haven't the foggiest idea.

This is today's:

See two days worth of entries above. Isn't that enough for you??? Sheesh.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?