This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

You Know You Want An Inner Gong Too

I know three different people who either were or are currently in Paris. Yes, the one in France. Okay, technically I only sort of know one of the people. I have met him and I did talk to him.. so that's like knowing him. Right?

Okay, okay. So by talking to him I mean I got his autograph and asked a question. That's definitely meeting him tho!!

Anywho, it must be a fine time to be in Paris. Maybe next year I'll see what all the fuss is about. Well, after I check out Ireland of course. and assuming I actually leave Ireland once I get there. :)

I lay the blame for my Ireland fascination squarely on Mrs. Crary, my 5th grade teacher. Or maybe she was 4th grade. Either way, it's all her fault. She had to go and teach us mythology. Greek was nifty. Rome was nice. But the Celts!! Totally rang the inner me gong (surely such a thing exists). It's been chiming ever since (yes, chiming. gonging just sounds wrong, ringing is for a phone and tolling makes me think of Hemingway).

My love and adoration of U2 has only increased the resonating (it can chime and resonate, thankyouverymuch) of my inner gong.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?