This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Workin on a Chain Gang

Look what my dear family had my poor, sweet, innocent, angelic, always good and Never fussy nephew JT doing this weekend!

Apparently they couldn't be bothered to clean the windows themselves so they had a two year old do it. I mean, really, could the windows really have been that dirty? JT should be out riding his bike, driving his car or chasing bubbles out in the yard but Nooooooo. They steal his childhood fun and have him doing chores. Washing sliding glass doors of all things. And on the Outside no less! Surely *he* wasn't the one that dirtied up the outside.

It's mind boggling to me that they had him use a cleaning product on it. So even if it had started out as a harmless "Papa is cleaning, I want to clean!" mimic deal, they had the nerve to give him actual cleaning fluids. Not just water to spray. He's actually cleaning the glass, not just goofing around (as kids should be doing).

Maybe they think JT's (slave like) activites now will reveal itself as a strong work ethic in school? And then in the working world? I dunno. I'm of a mind set that kids should be playing when they're two, not scrubbing windows or pulling weeds.

You know what I think? After JT left the grandfolks went and cleaned the glass again, that's what I think. To get rid of any streaks he may have left. What do they expect from a two year old? In two seconds they obliterate all evidence of his cleaning efforts. I only hope he was well and truly gone, else that might have been an ego crusher.

He spent all that energy cleaning the glass when he could've been running around the yard, chasing birds. The least they could've done was put on some U2 for JT to listen to while he cleaned, instead of standing around supervising him and taking pictures for evidence. Mocking him, really.

AND, to make matters even worse, JT was sick at the time. Poor guy. I think his work ethic is strong enough as is, people. Let him frolic about to his heart's content and leave the chores to the adults. I mean, no matter how much like his mom he is, surely he can't enjoy cleaning?!

Get well soon, dear heart!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?